Online Book Fair 2020
I have exciting news! Mark your calendars because we are hosting an online book fair!
Book Fair Dates: 11/30/2020 - 12/11/2020
I am so excited about this book fair. I will be sharing more information over the coming weeks, including emails and materials for you to share with your students. In the meantime, I wanted to share some highlights with you:
• Quality, ultra-readable books! Our partner for this online book fair is Junior Library Guild. JLG is an elite book-selection service that until now has only been available to librarians. Over 40,000 new books for children and young adults are published annually and JLG only selects the top 3% for its collection. So, you KNOW these books are going to be good!
• Teacher Wish Lists! All staff are welcome to create a wish list that families can shop to help you to build your classroom library. The wish lists are also a great way to request books for students who might not otherwise have the means to purchase books themselves. When book fair gets closer, I will send you instructions for creating your wish list!
• Safe & cash-free shopping! With health concerns and social-distancing requirements, this online fair is the perfect way for families to build their at-home libraries from the safety of their homes. That means, no need to worry about cash transactions OR germs!
• Direct-to-home delivery! Every purchase from our online book fair will be delivered straight to the shopper’s door. And any purchases from staff wish lists will be shipped directly to their classrooms. Easy peasy!
• Affordable selections! Most books in our online fair will be hardcover, first-edition books with library-quality binding. Prices start as low as $5/book—and shipping is FREE for all orders over $30.
• Supports our school! Our library receives a percentage of every book fair purchase, and we will use these funds raised as JLG credit to add more quality books to our collection.
Keep an eye out for more information about our online JLG@Home Book Fair. Thank you in advance for your help spreading the word. I am looking forward to a great fall book fair this year!
Deborah Schultz Media Specialist 706-884-1717 ext 1122